DevOps is vital to any growing codebase shared by multiple collaborators that are delivering products live to the users. At BfE, a UK-based global-facing charity providing pro-bono advisory services for social entrepreneurs, we have an active Technology Division that builds software to connect our stakeholders and automate internal workflows to help BfE better deliver its social impact. At the moment, we are looking to enhance our DevOps capacity, which will help our tech volunteers around the world collaborate more smoothly and deploy software tools more efficiently to our end users. We are seeking to build components that improve upon our preliminary internal development and production workflow for our first large-scale intranet product. Joining as one of the Global DevOps Engineers, some of the tasks you could be expected to get involved in include:
- Dockerisation of an environment to help provide a standardised local development environment for our global technology team
- Providing an automated way to generate internal webpages, making use of GitHub Pages
- Producing CI/CD pipelines to automate deployment to the different environments for our internal tooling & live systems You may also find out more about Technology at BfE here.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to BfE’s cause
- Comfortable working on a shared code base
- Strong interest in DevOps and Cloud Engineering, ideally with at least 1 year industry experience
- Experience with Bash and prior exposure to Docker are essential. Experience with GitHub Actions and GitHub Pages is highly desirable
- This project is primarily open to graduate students and working professionals. Exceptions can be made for extremely outstanding undergraduates. There are no geographical restrictions.
An opportunity to join the global team in a large global nonprofit and network with people across different technical and non-technical disciplines who share a joint passion in social entrepreneurship and startups
- Make a social impact with your professional skills while further developing them in the business context of an nonprofit incubator
You may apply for this opening here. We accept applications on a rolling basis.