Who we are
As a rapidly growing global nonprofit with a large network of social entrepreneurs (100+ served since 2015), BfE serves 15-20 new startups each year through its pro bono 6-8 month Incubation Programme. The Programme components are delivered by student chapters and experienced professionals who volunteer their time to empower early-stage startups to scale their impact and become investor-ready. Startups cover multiple sectors, including health, education, clean energy, agriculture and more.
BfE Global Incubation Team maintains the oversight of BfE’s Incubation Programme across all chapters. Apart from streamlining programming design and supporting incubation projects, the team is also looking into global initiatives that can deepen the capacity of our incubation programme to empower startups (examples including organising demo pitch day etc.). To better leverage external resources on these initiatives, we are now seeking 1-2 candidate(s) deeply passionate about social entrepreneurship to help us source delivery partners and execute partnerships that create value for BfE startups.
BfE Academy is a global initiative which aims to standardize training resources and material for all BfE chapters and global members. Apart from streamlining Incubation Programme design and supporting Programme engagements, the team is also looking into spearheading initiatives that can deepen the capacity of BfE’s core stakeholders (startups, students, mentors). We aim to create better and more tailored educational content as well as preserve internal knowledge assets, which would help student teams to deliver quality consulting and finance advisory services to startups. To increase the speed and quality of such content, we are seeking candidates who are passionate about social entrepreneurship and are keen to help spearhead curriculum development and learning tools.
- Expand your network in the social impact and entrepreneurship space by working with content experts within and beyond the BfE Network
- Gain invaluable insights by directly interacting with the BfE global team and chapter leaders
- Opportunity to initiate and design training and educational resources that benefit BfE student associates, impact startups and global team members
- Join a close knit community of professionals and students who are united by a common passion for social entrepreneurship
- (For the Manager role) Lead the Academy team and be responsible for dedicating tasks to the BfE Academy Volunteers
- Initiate, structure and select educational content materials to be built into the BfE Academy
- Find and establish potential educational partnerships directly through engagements, events and/or provision of tools
- Liaise with global team and chapter leaders to understand their demands and requirements to determine content priorities
- Set up the operational flow and processes for maintaining the BfE Academy database on an ongoing basis
- Be the point of contact for questions or clarifications about the BfE Academy
Experience and requirements
- Students or professionals who are passionate about social entrepreneurship and have an alignment with BfE’s vision
- Strong communication and coordination skills, as well as a good work ethic
- Ability to think strategically as well as having attention to detail
- Experience in social entrepreneurship and/or impact investing space is preferred, though not required
Time commitment required
Candidates should be able to devote 3-5 hours per week on the role. Time may vary depending on projects. Please note that candidates need to be available for weekend meetings, as BfE Global Team members are mostly professional volunteers working on BfE alongside their weekday jobs.
You may apply for this opening via here.